You thought this was a good idea?
Here is the short list:
|the one car that makes a Citation look good|
|Please turn away, before I turn to stone|
- that face. What is it, a Pontiac Phoenix (the Nova kind)? A Chevy Malibu? When the difference between corporate siblings is the angle of the fiberglass or the random presence of a grille splitter, you're not really setting yourself apart.
- "A pair of humpbacks." "Humpback? People?" My Dad assumed that the amorphous profile and rear was the product of more extensive R&D than a traditional sedan. Not hardly, Dad. This profile worked on the X bodies because it was integrated with the rest of the car and not simply a "let's slope the ass for a couple of these" type of decision.
- Taillights. At least the Buick version tweaked both ends so it did not look like Frankenstein meets the parts bin
- Trunk? This profile screams hatchback.
- Fixed rear windows? Go fuck yourself.
- Olds and Buick instead of Pontiac and Chevy? What the fuck, GM? You take a radical reshaping of your bread and butter profit center sedans and give the craziest changes to the most stodgy and conservative buyers and you expect to succeed? Really.